Monday, April 18, 2011

Colorado Governor's Invitational Show

The Golden Hour oil 9 x 12
I am very excited to be participating in this year's Colorado Governor's Invitational Show which opens April 23rd at the Loveland Museum in Colorado.  There is a ticketed opening on Saturday from 5:30-9:30 which benefits the local Rotary Club and the show runs through the month of May.

I have been working for most of the winter to compile four paintings for the show.  If you are in the area, stop by the museum if you have the time--the show presents a cross-section of Colorado's contemporary artists and should be worth the visit!

I always worry a little about my choices for shows like these. The pieces are not juried first. The artists are chosen based on their previous body of work and so there is some pressure to perform. It does keep me focused though! I was captured by the abstract nature of winter and the late day color that happens right before the sun goes down in the painting posted here. It is easy to overlook the beauty of a snow covered landscape.

2 comments:

  1. I love that show! I think I will have to see if Diane would like to go and see it with me. I haven't been there in several years. Congratulations on being selected to be in the show! It is a huge honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanne! Yes, GO SEE THE ART, if you can!!!!!

    ReplyDelete