Thursday, February 17, 2011

Anne Truitt

                                                                 
One of my favorite books is called TURN: The Journal of an Artist by Anne Truitt.  I reread it about once a year.Truitt was a sculptor (her work appears above).  She is no longer living. In the days before the internet and the current blogging trend, she wrote a couple of books that chronicled her daily life as an artist. The other book is called DAYBOOK and is also very worth the read. Since I have started to write this blog I have been thinking about her and her writing.  She was courageous and her writing and her sculptures were spare, but luminous. Secretly, I enjoy her books more than her sculptures. Second to painting, I love reading and any book that makes me look at my life as an artist in a different light is worth recommending.

No comments:

Post a Comment