Friday, July 8, 2011

Preparing for a Plein Air Event


In a few days, I am headed off to Crested Butte for the Plein Air Invitational. I participate in these kind of events once a summer and after three years of painting in Estes Park, I am excited to be painting in a new location.  Crested Butte is one of the most spectacular settings in Colorado. I made a preliminary trip a few weeks ago to paint for a few days before my return this week to complete the required days.

There is a lot of packing to do including framing supplies and a tote for wet paintings and a tent and sleeping bag. I always make sure that I have new crisp brushes with me and clean turpentine.  I try to pack light as I love hiking in to the more remote spots.

This time of year the wildflowers are in full bloom and the snow has yet to fully melt from the moutain tops.  I'm looking forward to painting with a great group of artists.  I'll update you with more details upon my return!

No comments:

Post a Comment