Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crested Butte Plein Air


In the Thick of It oil 16 x 12
I am just settling back in the studio after a week in Crested Butte for their plein air event. I had a great time painting--we did have some challenging weather to work around.  I spent the first night huddled in my tent listening to the rain and woke to a substantial amount of fog.  Hard to paint when you can't see anything other than what is at your feet!!!
I finally took shelter in a stand of aspen trees and waited out the rain.

Aspen Enclosure SOLD


When the weather cleared, I was in full production mode and I managed to get some good painting time in.  What I really love about these events is being around other painters and the chance to look at how everyone interprets the landscape in their own way.  There was some really beautiful work and I have returned a bit tired, but definitely inspired. A select amount of paintings from the event are still for sale at the Oh-Be-Joyful Gallery through this week.


Above the Valley SOLD

Turning Towards the Sun oil 14 x 11
 

No comments:

Post a Comment