Monday, August 15, 2011

Fodder for Thought


Antique Wagon Wheel 8 x 6
Once you have started to paint on a regular basis, you will notice that you begin to look at the world around you in a different way. You will notice the color of light.  You will see a combination of shapes instead of a single object. You will ask yourself how to capture a certain moment in time. You will become more attentive.

I have noticed lately that for me, the smallest things are becoming fodder for thought. The small things have great potential for exploration in your paintings. The idea does not have to be grand or expansive. If you are paying attention, a whisper can be louder than a shout.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder Kate. I sometimes forget this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne,

    I forget sometimes too! Writing it down helps. I'm glad it served as a reminder for you.

    ReplyDelete